My homemade posts are long overdue! But they are back I promise!! Ever wondered what all those lovely ingredients sitting in your kitchen could make if you bunged them all together? Well now you can find out… sort of. This absolutely gorgeous hair mask will brighten up dull hair, thicken thinning hair, and fix damaged hair from root to tip. An absolute all rounder, and so easy to make. And here’s how…
What to do:
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 an avocado, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 chopped up banana and 1 whisked egg yolk.
- Using a hand blender, thoroughly blend all ingredients together until all banana and avocado bits are liquidised.
- Blend until the consistency is thick but still liquid
- If applying immediately, coat hair liberally from root to tip. Concentrate on dry areas and also massage into scalp.
- Leave mask in hair for 15-30 minutes and then rinse out using warm water before shampooing your hair thoroughly. Only use conditioner on the bottom half of your hair after applying this mask.
- If not using straight away, store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
And there you have it! The perfect homemade restoring mask! So what are the benefits of these ingredients?
It is important to use soft ripe avocados for this mask. Avocado is a superfood that is good for all round health. They are rich in proteins which is a major benefit when applied to the hair. For this reason avocados are extremely nourishing and stimulate not only hair repair, but also hair growth. Avocados are great for your hair if you suffer from hair loss or thinning. They are also packed with nutrients, vitamins and anti-oxidants restoring tired hair and protecting it from further damage. Not only this, but applying avocado to your scalp will deeply nourish and soften it- the amino acids will penetrate into the roots and deep into your scalp.
Bananas are rich in potassium. This has many benefits for your hair by strengthening your hair and restoring it to its natural elasticity. They are therefore great for restoring damaged hair. Bananas also contain lots of natural oils which are great for nourishment.
It’s obvious that honey is added to the mix for its softening and nourishing properties. Honey is great for your hair and scalp and will also give your hair that healthy shiny finish. Honey is a common ingredient used for dry and damaged hair. Honey attracts moisture so locks it into your hair and roots for long-lasting nourishment.
Eggs are rich in proteins, fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E making them a perfect natural conditioner. Egg is great for rebuilding damaged hair and preventing further breakage. It provides hair with strength and restores the amino acids in the hair. Egg is also rich is vitamin B12 which is good for encouraging hair growth and making is thicker and longer.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!