Hiya! So it’s bloody cold outside…. Apparently today (December 21st) is the first day of Winter?! Sorry what? It’s been cold since October! Anyway today is Winter solstice which means it is the shortest day of the whole year with fewest daylight hours. What does that mean for us? Nothing really, apart from that it is still cold and you have 7 hours and 49 minutes to grab some sunlight. Uni students are screwed for today.
I’ve been feeling cold since about October and as much as I hate the temperature, I love the Autumn/Winter clothing. Big coats, big knits, jeans and boots are my go-to outfit this time of the year. My Autumn/Winter wardrobe is filled with blacks and greys and I tend to switch up the boot, scarf or the bag. Speaking of bags, I’m obsessed with this blue cross over satchel by Camelia Roma. I think I’ve used it every day since I got it!
I have 5 staple fashion musts for when it’s cold:
- Any pair of jeans is acceptable- whether they are ripped, cropped or whatever, jeans are still covering you up!
- One statement pair of boots- this is an absolute must! A good boot goes with anything.
- That one winter coat- I have to admit, I have more than one of these, but having that one good coat can last you years and keep your cosy all winter.
- A big knit- you can’t go wrong with knits, they are comfy, cosy and fashionable. They can also be styled with anything.
- Add a pop of colour- if you’re like me, you wear black and grey a hell of a lot in the winter. Add a little colour with your scarf, gloves or bag, or even your boots for that pop to your winter look.
Coat – (similar here)
Knit – New Look (similar here)
Jeans – (Similar here)
Boots – Zara (similar here)
Bag – Camelia Roma
Scarf – ASOS
Wrap up! It’s cold outside! I’m off to START my Christmas shopping! Wish me luck!
Images courtesy of Chandan Sojitra