You will need:
– Ripened Avocado: Nourishes and moisturises your skin
– Pure and natural honey: Moisturises and protects your skin. Contains multi vitamins and antioxidants
Other things you may want to use:
– Face mask stick: for application
– Cotton pads: To remove face mask
Firstly cleanse your face using your normal facial wash, and always begin any facial routine by using warm water (this opens up your pores and prepares your skin for cleansing). Cut one avocado in half and remove the seed. For one face treatment, you will only need to use a half of one avocado. The avocado will be soft in texture and easy to scoop out. So do this and put into a bowl for mixing.
For this face treatment you should use ripened avocados. These will be soft in texture and you will be able to feel this from touching the surface of the avocado. If you buy fresh avocados that are not ripe, then you can put them in a bag and leave them at room temperature, preferably in a dark place to ripen for 3 to 6 days (using a paper bag speeds up the ripening process).
Next add one tablespoon of honey to the avocado
Stir the mixture until a thick paste is formed and most of the avocado has broken up.
You don’t have to do this but as you know, I love lemons so I like to add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture. Gently start applying the mask to your face. I often start applying with a face mask stick, but then I get abit fed up so just end up using my hands and I have found that you can actually massage it nicely into your skin (as I have so finely demonstrated below- excuse my hair) using your fingers and you get a better result! At this point you will probably be thinking you have just put guacamole on your face, and may get hungry from the smell! Once applied, leave it to settle for about 20 mins
After that, remove the mask using cotton pads (or similar) or just it wash off. The honey makes the mask a little more difficult to just wash off using your hands and water which is why I tend to use cotton pads.
Pat your face dry, leave to settle for a few minutes, then tone and moisturise as you would normally do! My favourite thing about this mask is that you can see results immediately in that your skin feels so soft and has a shine to it!
The skin benefits of avocado and honey:
– Oils of avocado are highly absorbed and penetrates deep into your skin, leaving it well nourished and incredibly soft
– Avocado oils have been seen to protect the skin cells from harmful free radicals
– Particularly beneficial for dry skin as they are highly moisturising
– Filled with vitamin A which helps the removal of dead skin cells, which is important during cleansing and for cell renewal
– Fantastic anti-ageing agent and highly moisturising
– Keeps skin radiant and supple
– Contains anti-microbial agents and anti-oxidants which protect the skin from harmful rays and environments and facilitates skin rejuvenation
– Has the ability to help the skin retain moisture, keeping it hydrated and fresh
So give this avocado and honey mask a go for soft, healthy glowing skin!
Hey! I love making my own facemasks too! and thank you so much, I have many more haha! Ive just checked out your blog by the way and love it! x
i love making my own face mask.
trying out products that you made, is reassuring